A number of new commercial and corporate vacancies have recently arisen that may or may not be of interest – some have been previously advertised by us so apologies if you have already seen them or applied.
- VAC 19336 Remote Working Intellectual Property. A law firm who operate an online service are looking for an IP solicitor to join to take ad hoc work as and when it comes up – urgent requirement for assistance with ongoing copyright, design right, trademark and patent work. The hourly rate indicated is £70-80 per hour for standard IP matters. They try to accommodate workloads – so if you have capacity to take 10 hours a week, this is what they will try to provide you with, etc..Their conversion rates from initial enquiry through to orders is quite good, but the work will involve an initial 15 minute discussion with you. These calls are filtered by the firm’s client care team initially.
- VAC 19892 Remote Working Commercial Solicitor Technology company looking for a commercial locum solicitor able to assist with data protection and commercial technology work. Company is a personal data exchange start up. Work can be done remotely and involves reviewing existing work and policies. Will be for 2-3 days per month for about 3 months. Start date as soon as able.
- VAC 19770 Remote Working Corporate Commercial. Ongoing ad hoc corporate commercial work – 10-20 hours per month on average. Basic company commercial work linked in part to start up businesses and may include some eCommerce and GDPR work (basic though) . 5+ years PQE required, together with a willingness to accept ongoing work for some time. Work is not guaranteed and this is a locum arrangement. Hourly rate estimated at £50-55 per hour.
- VAC 19883 London Commercial with Telecoms/IT. Locum (and permanent) Solicitor sought by small corporate commercial law firm with offices in Central and West London and a leaning towards technology and broadband sectors. Small, laidback, friendly firm who work hard but also have a close collegiate atmosphere, including flexible hours and home working. They are looking for a locum solicitor to assist them with a busy caseload and until they recruit permanently. Fairly broad mix of commercial work – procurement contracts, software licensing etc.. all very IT orientated so experience in the technology sector would be a major bonus. Looking for someone with extensive experience who would be able to assist. Permanent role potential if wanted. Will need to work from their offices in London for some of the week and potentially on site with clients as well. Hours can be flexible but there is a lot of work to be done. Hourly rate negotiable.
- VAC 19845 London EC1 Fintech Role. Legal Counsel sought by small Fintech company in London EC1 – close to the Barbican and Liverpool Street stations. They are looking for a UK qualified Solicitor with an entrepreneurial, self-motivated mindset. You should have a natural interest in Fintech and enjoy a broad variety of work, not afraid to take on new challenges and grow with the organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to oversee the legal, regulatory and compliance aspects of the business. You will need to be willing to work across a wide spectrum of legal fields as the role involves giving legal advice to Directors and the team on all relevant issues such as contracts, corporate governance, financial regulation, IP, employment law, day to day compliance issues and policies. The Legal Counsel has primary responsibility to manage, draft and negotiate all contracts including client MSA’s, investment agreements and partnership agreements. Legal work will include commercial contracts, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, applicable regulation and employment law. Work will involve drafting, negotiating, maintaining and finalising agreements, contracts and other legal documents. The role will involve compliance and you will be a member of the company’s risk committee. To apply for the role you must be a qualified solicitor with experience in house or in a commercial law firm. Financial services, FX or technology knowledge or experience would be very useful and your application should emphasise this if you have it. Similarly if you have experience of working with technology startups you should highlight this as well. Base salary will be £55,000 to £70,000 p.a. but the company offers equity options plus a package and it is anticipated that the overall package will be around the £100k mark.
Any interest in any of the above please let me know the reference number(s).
Jonathan Fagan, email@example.com
21st November 2019