We have a number of new vacancies in for corporate commercial, commercial, commercial litigation and commercial property in today as follows:
- Locum Corporate Counsel, 7-8 years PQE with solid M&A experience. You must have trained with a City firm. Ongoing contract. London EC1N office location. In house role. Higher education sector.
- Locum Commercial Lawyer, 7-8 years PQE with solid commercial experience reviewing commercial agreements and a good understanding of IP and GDPR issues. Ongoing contract. London EC1N office location. In house role. Higher education sector.
- Commercial Property Solicitor. Remote working role on an ad hoc basis. Some people will have seen this already (and some will already be signed up and working at the company!).
A law firm operating an online platform are looking for commercial property solicitors to join to take ad hoc work as and when it comes up. The hourly rate indicated is £70-80 per hour for standard commercial property matters and more for increased complexity.
The firm would be looking to provide potential clients to a commercial property solicitor to deal with for the duration of the case. Their conversion rates from initial enquiry through to orders are quite good but the catch is that the work will involve an initial 15 minute discussion with you. These calls are filtered by the firm’s client care team initially but are unpaid.
So the process they require assistance with is as follows:
- Firm get an enquiry for a commercial property transaction.
- Their in house client team deal with the initial query.
- If it is a genuine matter they refer it through to you.
- You speak to the potential client and provide a quote – rates indicated by the firm.
- If they go ahead you get the work. The client pays the firm in advance.
- If they don’t go ahead you don’t get paid for the 15 minute call.
- The firm pay on an hourly rate basis of £70-80 per hour for billable work undertaken.
- Commercial Litigation Solicitor. See above – same basis as the remote working commercial property post.
Any interest in any of the above please let me know.