We are looking for additional locum conveyancing lawyers. The market is very busy at the moment and locums are getting booked up so rapidly we now have a list of locum roles where we have been unable to fulfill requirements. These are all roles requiring office based work.
If you are available for locum work and looking to start in January please get in touch. Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Somerset, East Yorkshire, Southampton.
Current roles requiring filling (all with start dates of 4th or 11th January ideally):
1. VAC-20302 Conveyancing Locum sought in Cheshire. Full time, office based work. Ongoing but minimum of 4-6 weeks. Candidate would need to cover an extremely busy caseload. Ideally, the candidate would be someone coming from a high street firm where they have worked on files from commencement right the way through to completion.
2. VAC-20308 A locum residential conveyancing role has arisen with a firm in Bury, Greater Manchester. Situated in the town centre very close to the East Lancs railway and the Bury tram stop, one of the partners has had a heart attack and the firm need cover for him until he has recovered. Solely residential conveyancing, full time (firm will consider part time if needs be), office based but may be able to accommodate some days at home (remote working not practised at this firm at the moment). Start asap. Ongoing until the partner recovers – likely to be 2 months as a minimum.
3. VAC-20291 A solicitors’ firm based 20 mins drive from Bath in North Wiltshire are looking for a long-term locum asap to take over the workload of a key fee earner who is moving on. This is a small, friendly four solicitor firm based in a beautiful town close to Bath. The work is residential conveyancing. A good grasp of leasehold work and ability to work under minimum supervision is essential. A high proportion of the residential conveyancing is London leasehold. Good rail links to Bath, Bristol, Salisbury, London, Southampton and Portsmouth and the firm is situated in a central high street location. They are flexible on the start date. Office based only.
4. VAC-20286 A new locum vacancy has arisen with a firm based in Taunton, Somerset. Looking for residential conveyancing cover for 3 months starting as soon as possible. Office based and part time. May consider full time. Hourly rate will be required if interested – no indication given.
5. VAC-20279 A new vacancy has arisen with an East Yorkshire solicitors firm with two offices based slightly further north of Doncaster and slightly south of the M62. They are after a residential conveyancing locum to cover at one of two offices. Initially for three days a week to assist with an increased caseload and then full time (if possible but may be slightly flexible) from February 2021 onwards to cover maternity leave. Some work can be done remotely but otherwise this is office based. Not suitable for solely remote working.
6. VAC-20321 Southampton area sole practitioner looking for locum residential conveyancing cover whilst away for surgery in January/February 2021. It will be for a minimum of 2 weeks depending on advice from doctor but could be up to 4 weeks. Ideally the firm needs someone to be at the office, purely from the logistics of files etc. They would need the locum to deal with all conveyancing, although there is secretarial support to assist with preparing some of the documents if required.
7. VAC-20296 Residential Conveyancing Locum Solicitor sought in the Cardiff area for 3-4 weeks. Firm situated near the train station and need assistance. Smaller sized practice. Remote working not possible – this one is office based.
8. VAC-20270 A small solicitors firm based in Wiltshire are looking for a property locum, ideally with a mix of commercial, residential and agricultural experience and comfortable working at least 2 days a week from the firms’ COVID secure office. Start date as ever is asap and the firm say that this is ongoing work and could last some time. They will also consider a permanent arrangement. You need to be locally based to apply for this one.
Locum Applications: we will require you to e-sign a couple of documents, send over proof of ID, proof of residence, copy of your practising certificate and your CV. We will also need to contact two references before we confirm any bookings.
Fill out our candidate registration form on the site, or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jonathan Fagan, MD, Ten Percent Legal Recruitment and Interim Lawyers.