Three lawyers sought by an in house legal department of a multinational plc in the education sector. Central London offices, but remote working fine. Full time hours, possibility of permanent to follow 12 month fixed term roles.
- Litigation Legal Counsel – 12 months maternity cover from 4th May 2021. Indication on salary – c3-4 years PQE.
- Commercial Counsel – 12 month fixed term contract starting 12th April 2021 or thereabouts. Indication on salary band – c4+ years PQE.
- Corporate Counsel – 12 month fixed term contract starting 12th April 2021 or thereabouts. Indication on salary band – c2-3 years PQE.
- Litigation Legal Counsel – maternity cover (May 2021 – May 2022)
Reporting to the Group General Counsel in London, the role will involve dealing with contentious matters as well as dealing with commercial issues both at the UK and Group level. Applicants should be confident managing a caseload from pre-action to trial. This is an ideal opportunity for a technically strong and commercially minded lawyer, looking to join a fast-paced and consumer oriented organisation. You must have post qualification commercial law experience in private practice of no less than three years. Previous in-house experience is advantageous but not necessary.
- Commercial Counsel role (reporting to Senior Commercial Counsel) (mid April 2021 – April 2022)
Work includes structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, such as platform agreements, licences, terms & conditions, service agreements, partnership agreements with universities, representative agreements, etc. Working directly with the sales operations, marketing and procurement teams, management of at least two reports with their progress, development and assist them with legal matters. Ensuring that all agreements are commercially and legally sound and in line with head office requirements. Solid commercial experience and able to adapt and work flexibly in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Junior Corporate Counsel (reporting to general counsel) (mid April 2021 – April 2022)
Role will involve assisting with a broad range of corporate legal matters, including M&A, corporate restructuring, private equity, capital markets, joint ventures, providing legal advice for all aspects of company law, managing one or two paralegals with their progress, development and assist them with legal matters. Will need to have strong M&A and general corporate experience working with NDAs, LoIs, SPAs, SHAs etc.. NB: experience in banking/capital markets would be beneficial.
To apply for any of these roles please let us know by return email. A paragraph outline indicating your matching experience would be very useful. Current salary levels or hourly rates also helpful.
Jonathan Fagan, MD email@example.com