New vacancies in today as follows:
- Wills & Probate – South Coast firm looking for a remote working locum to assist for 6 months, starting as soon as possible, to handle running off estate administration cases from a source the firm are no longer working with. Flexible hours. Fully remote.
- Contentious Probate – firm in Wilmslow (South Manchester) looking for a contentious probate specialist to join on an ad hoc basis to assist with cases as they come in. They have a live case at the moment – looks a decent one apparently. More work to follow. Fully remote, flexible ad hoc hours.
- Family Solicitor – 15-20 hours per week dealing with a mix of divorce, financial remedy and non-molestation orders. Ongoing consultancy arrangement. Some remote working, but will need to be able to get into the firm’s West Yorkshire office from time to time.
- Two new roles have arisen with a law firm with a project likely to last about 6-9 months. They need a family solicitor to join them to remotely work, supervising their team of fee earners (mainly paralegals) and assist with a project to develop the department (they plan to recruit a permanent family lawyer in the medium term). Paralegal or Legal Assistant needed to act as the assistant to the locum family solicitor supervising the team. Same length of time. Firm undertakes all privately funded children, divorce and financial remedy work. Work is solely remote – no office based work required. Start date – immediately. Hourly rate – negotiable. Hours – ideally aiming at 4 full days a week or equivalent, so 28-30 hours. We have seen a large number of family roles in the last few days – suddenly very busy!
- Company Commercial Consultant – Ongoing Work. Remote – Rate Range £45-£60 per hour
A company providing testing and certification services to the construction industry are looking for a commercial and company solicitor (possibly retired) who can review ad hoc client NDCs and contracts for potential risks and exposure and provide appropriate client responses. They estimate there will be around 2-3 per month. Entirely ad hoc, fully remote.
- Corporate Commercial Solicitor – Ongoing Ad Hoc Work, Remote – Rate Range £70-80 per hour
A law firm who operate an online service are looking for corporate commercial solicitors to join to take ad hoc work as and when it comes up. The hourly rate indicated is £70-80 per hour. The firm would be looking to provide potential clients to a corporate commercial solicitor to deal with for the duration of the case. Their conversion rates from initial enquiry through to orders is quite good, but the work will involve an initial 15 minute discussion with you. These calls are filtered by the firm’s client care team initially. We have been working with this firm for over two years now and have a number of consultants working via the platform. It seems to work extremely well for some and not so lucrative for others.
- Commercial Contracts – Ongoing Ad Hoc Work. Remote – Rate Range £40-45 per hour
Small London law firm are looking for a solicitor to join them and assist in drafting and reviewing commercial contracts on an ad hoc basis. Hourly rate £40-45 per hour. Fully remote. Ad hoc work so nothing guaranteed as ever.
- Intellectual Property (EU) Lawyers – Ongoing Ad Hoc Work. Remote – Rate Range £70-80 per hour
There has apparently been a rather large surge in work for IP lawyers with EU trademark expertise (I can’t imagine why!). A law firm who operate an online service are looking for an EU qualified IP Lawyer able to do EU Trademark work to join and take ad hoc work as and when it comes up. The hourly rate will be £70-80 per hour. We have been working with this firm for over two years now and have a number of consultants working via the platform. It seems to work extremely well for some and not so lucrative for others.