A new vacancy has arisen with a solicitors firm based in Shipley, West Yorkshire BD18. The firm have asked for a response from us by lunchtime tomorrow so will need to move quite swiftly.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RESIDENTIAL CONVEYANCING LOCUM
They have a requirement for a locum commencing 4th June 2018 to the 29th June 2018 and from the 1st to 31st August 2018 with the possibility of cover for the month of July, if needed.
The conveyancing partner will be available to assist/supervise as required except for the weeks commencing the 11th June and one or two weeks in August (yet to be confirmed). The firm has a case load of approximately 90 domestic conveyancing files – not all active. The locum will be expected to be computer literate and able to (inter alia)
• To provide estimates of fees to potential new clients
• Take instructions for domestic sales and purchases (both freehold and leasehold)
• Deal with Land Registry – Office copies – searches – applications to register
• Deal/advise on SDLT
• Deal with unregistered titles on both sale and purchase
• Deal with landlords/managing agents for leaseholds
• Have recent (in last 12 months) experience working in a CQS accredited firm
This is a small office. The ability to assist with any other area of law dealt with by the firm is a distinct advantage.
They use Leap software and, after a brief training session, the locum would be expected to produce his or her own work although depending on volume, typing assistance may be available.
Working hours negotiable between 25 and 35 hours per week.
16th May 2018