A law firm in Stourbridge are looking for 2 Residential Development Locums to help out for a period of 6-9 months while they recruit for the roles permanently. The firm will consider qualified solicitors or chartered legal executives and either full or part-time is fine. You will need to be office-based initially in order to get to know the team and familiarise yourself with the systems but after this the firm is happy for these to be hybrid roles.
Main purpose and objectives:
- You will be expected to build and manage a caseload, advising clients on a full range of residential development (commercial property) matters.
- To work as part of a team, offering pragmatic advice.
- You will draft and review various legal documents and liaise and communicate with clients and other professionals, providing tailored advice and building strong professional relationships along the way.
- To be actively involved in the development of the department – this will include networking, strengthening existing client relationships and winning new business.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Able to take a commercial approach, sound drafting skills; Good listening and problem solving skills – a logical thinker with the ability to communicate technical issues at all levels;
- Motivated, outgoing, organised individual with a structured reliable approach to both resolving issues and developing solutions;
- To assist, conduct and manage various residential development transactions;
- To deal proactively with a wide range of correspondence and be able to work on own initiative;
- Drafting, reviewing, amending and issuing legal documents;
- Draft various transaction reports to clients and professional lenders;
- Develop a good working knowledge of the case management system;
- You will be able to take and convert commercial property enquiries;
- Support colleagues within the department, liaising with existing and new clients, working efficiently, effectively and professionally;
- Able to take on challenges and see solutions through to successful conclusion; and
- Any other duties deemed to be within the capability of the post holder.
- Qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive;
- 1-5 years’ experience of working in a similar role within a fast-paced Residential Development or Commercial Property Department;
- Able to demonstrate practical knowledge of the Commercial Property transaction process, from inception to completion;
- Experience of sale/purchase/re-mortgage/freehold/leasehold transactions;
- Passionate about giving outstanding client care and service;
- Ability to take direction and instruction from supervisors and carry out tasks in a timely manner to meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills;
- Accurate and articulate in written and spoken communication (excellent spelling and grammar);
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Ability to use own initiative to problem solve;
- Excellent administrative, planning, organisation and time management skills to meet deadlines;
- Proficient in the use of IT, including all MS Office applications, email and internet; and
- Pro-active and self-motivated with a desire to learn/progress in a career in this area of law.
Emma Ireland – firstname.lastname@example.org