Solicitor, expert in company law and corporate governance.
Contributing Author: Tolley’s Company Law; Butterworths Financial Regulation Service
Company Law, Company Secretarial & Business Structures
● Providing high-level company law advice in particular on duties of directors, as an expert on company law and governance (two book and numerous articles).
● Forming and registering new companies and partnerships for small businesses.
● Supporting Directors in numerous businesses on Companies Act requirements such as filing and administration and duties involving company meetings, contractual agreements, conflicts of interest, financial oversight and other areas.
● Preparing documentation for share issues by, and loans to, companies as they grow to medium size.
● Advising large organisations on establishment and review of legal structures, subsidiaries, joint ventures, board and management responsibilities and reporting.
Corporate Governance, Regulatory Compliance & Business Administration
● Applying extensive experience in supporting companies, public agencies and voluntary bodies to improve corporate leadership and performance, regulatory compliance and corporate communications.
● Working strategically at board level in varied organisations including higher education, local and central government and companies in energy, transport, research and technology sectors.
● Engaging with Directors, Chief Executive Officers, Chairs and Commissioners to develop detailed role descriptions and person specifications for board roles to facilitate director-level resourcing.
● Working with board-level individuals to prepare reports, plan projects and manage organisational administration and development (including Lean Systems Thinking and ISO 9001 Certification).
● Scrutinising and approving multi-million-pound contracts for local services and for development while ensuring compliance with legal standards.