A new vacancy has arisen with a small to medium sized practice based in Essex (Chelmsford/Brentwood area). Looking for a wills and probate locum to join them on a 2 day week for about 5 months as follows:
1. Start date – asap in January.
2. End date likely – mid-May.
3. Reason for assignment – bridging gap between solicitor leaving the department and another solicitor returning from maternity leave.
4. Information about the Private Client department – working in a small team with caseworker. The firm also has a consultant who works remotely and who can assist as necessary.
5. Work is mainly probate – another lawyer handles the wills.
6. Client status – mixture of IHT and non-IHT.
7. No specific requirements on which days, two days a week is required 9am – 5.30pm ideally.
8. Office based role.
Any interest please let me know. This is a TenPercentUnlimited vacancy, which means the client posting it will not pay a fee to recruit through us.
Please note that we are going to change the way we work from 1st January 2019 and will be in touch regarding this after Christmas.
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Locums – info at https://www.interimlawyers.co.uk/faqs/what-are-tier-1-and-tier-2-locums/
1. Interim Lawyers will keep two lists of locums – Tier 1 and Tier 2. Tier 1 locums will get assignments first. Tier 2 locums will get assignments if we are unsuccessful in sourcing a Tier 1 locum.
2. Tier 1 locums will have provided us with an up to date CV, proof of ID, proof of residence, their hourly rate, a copy of a current practising certificate and details of two references.
3. Tier 1 locums will also sign a non-disclosure agreement with us, which means we can immediately identify the client to them. The Venn Group have started ringing round local firms after we mail new locum roles out (including a recent incident in Essex), claiming they have been tipped off about a role in the area and representing locums on an exclusive basis – its nice to think we have achieved this level of interest from such a large company but similarly quite annoying as it does restrict the information we can provide everyone with from now on!